There are certain tools you need to succeed in your job search. Most of these tools are cheap or free, but you should make sure that you have at least some variation of them.
- Business cards – This makes leaving information for people very simple. There are now electronic business cards. If you do most of your business online, you can use these. Otherwise, there are lots of places that will make business cards for you for very little money.
- A steady phone number – If your life is in flux, or you are relocating, use Google Voice to get a phone number in your local area. It’s free and your phone will ring or it will take messages for you. This way you can and should give out your number everywhere.
- An email – If you don’t have email, you are already behind the times. They are free and easy to use. Do not use an email name like email@example.com. Your email should be your name. If you don’t have one, get one. Use one of the free services; it’s simple and you can email from anywhere on the planet.
- Real resume paper – Delivering your resume on anything is better than nothing, but even a cheap cream colored paper is better than plain white. And nothing cute. Teddy bears on your resume paper is not going to get you the job.
- Pens – Bring a pen with you whenever you go to a meeting. In fact, bring more than one. And don’t fill out documents in pink; blue or black is the rule.
These are just a few things you will need to successfully find a job in today’s market. It’s all a matter of being ready.
The major key is to always do everything you can to be professional and prepared.
Unique Questions to Ask Prospective Employees
Why Do Prospective Employers Run a Credit Check? How to Make Sure Your Credit Is Up to Par
Changing Paths? 5 Ways to Prepare Yourself for Your New Career
Career Paths to Pursue During the Pandemic (And Beyond)
4 Financial Considerations To Keep In Mind When Making A Career Change
How to Land Your First Full-Time Position out of College
With great vision, you need great people
Looking for higher-level career opportunities in Greater Boston and throughout Massachusetts?