Location: Hybrid / 3 days onsite in Boston, MA
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this role supervises two Senior Accountants and three staff accountants, overseeing General Accounting operations for a major hospital in Boston, MA.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties:
- Issue monthly financial statements and schedules.
- Supervise monthly and year-end close, resolve issues, and review journal entries.
- Oversee inter-company billing, wire processes, and investment balance.
- Manage monthly reconciliations and year-end audit close.
- Ensure GAAP compliance, coordinate tax returns, and handle system maintenance.
- Review and streamline general accounting functions.
- Recruit, train, and provide oversight for Senior Accountants.
- Attend relevant seminars to enhance professional knowledge.
Education: BA/BS in Accounting or related field. Master’s degree or CPA preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CPA or relevant certifications.
Experience: At least 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Infor General Ledger.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
Skip the Search
Send us your resume, and we'll find the jobs that are the best match for you.
Sign up to be notified of new jobs that match this search.
With great vision, you need great people
Looking for higher-level career opportunities in Greater Boston and throughout Massachusetts?